Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability (Required)

Referred to as BI and PD Liability, covers the other driver, passengers, car and property if you cause an accident due to the negligent operation of your vehicle. It pays for bodily injury to other people or damages to their property. It may also pay if an accident was caused by a member of your family living with you AND LISTED ON THE POLICY or a person using your car with your permission. Currently, Oregon State Law requires minimum limits of $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident for bodily injury and $20,000 per accident for property damage. Increased limits are available and highly recommended for surprisingly little additional cost. The biggest loss you can have is to injure someone else and you can get sued for unlimited amounts of money.


Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury (Required)

UMBI protects you and your passengers if you are injured in an accident caused by others who do not carry enough insurance or have no insurance. Provides recovery for bodily injury caused by the operator of an uninsured automobile, including a hit-and-run driver. UMPD covers your car if it is damaged by an uninsured driver, known or unknown. This coverage is optional. It costs very little to add it to your policy and is a highly recommended coverage. UMPD is subject to a deductible and varies depending on company and whether you know who hit you.

Personal Injury Protection (Required)

PIP guarantees immediate medical payments for you, your passengers and other parties involved in the accident, regardless of who may be at fault. The last thing you should have to worry about if you go to the hospital after an accident as to which insurance company is going to pay at that moment. Yours will! The insurance companies can then battle it out over who was at fault and which company will pay later on. PIP can also pay for lost wages and funeral expenses.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Property Damage (Optional)

UMPD coverage is optional and may be available depending on the age of your vehicle and the insurance carrier you have chosen. It can provide recovery for physical damages to your car, caused by the operator of an uninsured automobile, including a hit-and-run driver (after any applicable deductible).

Physical Damage / Collision (Optional)

Collision may be required if you have a loan or a lease on your car. Collision pays for damages to your own vehicle when caused by you after an accidental collision or upset.

Physical Damage / Comprehensive (Optional)

This coverage is also known as 'Other Than Collision' (so as not to mislead you into thinking EVERYTHING is covered). It may be required if you have a loan or a lease for your car. Comprehensive pays for damages to your car caused by fire, theft, vandalism, natural disaster or similar events. It is the coverage that applies when you hit a deer or some other unexpected moving animal or object not normally found in a roadway.